- Avoid arriving on a Friday in general. The traffic in Manila specially in the airport area is congested mainly because of the new roads under construction. There’s the Skyway that also aims to link all 3 major terminals.
- Avoid rush hour on any day. Rush hour in Manila is 7 to 10 am and 4pm to 7pm
- Choose arrival time in the wee hours of the morning (11pm to 4am) to avoid traffic.
- You can try Grab or Uber but surge is usually high.
- You can ride the airport taxi with airport meter rates
- When in Terminal 2, You can go to the taxi lane in the Departure Area. You have to go up.
- When in Terminal 2, there’s airport bus but I don’t know the fare. It will take you to Pasay Rotonda where you can ride the MRT/LRT. Pasay Rotanda is the south end of the MRT and of EDSA. However, if you have luggages, it is really adviseable that you dont do cutting trip anymorr and just ride a cab towards your destination.
- When you are in Terminal 4(Local destinations), you can catch taxis outside (just a short walking distance)
Going to the Airport:
- Again, avoid Fridays and rush hours in general.
- It’s better to book ahead of time because taxi/cab drivers will usually ask for a fixed amount. You’re lucky if you’ll have to pay only for the metered amount.
- I only live 5 kilometer away from the airport and worst experience ive had is 2 hours travel to the airport. I thought I’ll never catch my plane.
In fact, while I’m writing this, I am actually in a 2 hour travel to the airport from Metro Manila on a Friday rush hour because I’m picking up my brother whose flight arrives at 6pm!